This agreement is between Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd (referred to as "us", "our" or "we" in these terms, which expressions shall include, where the context so admits, any other relevant subsidiaries of Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd or joint venture companies in which Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd directly or indirectly holds shares) and the visitors to our website (referred to as "you" or "your" in these terms).
In consideration of our making available this website for your use, you accept the terms of this agreement by your use of this website.
1. Who we are:
This website is controlled by Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd, a company incorporated under South African Law under company registration number 1999/002288/07.
Registered office address:
Cnr J.G. Strydom & Springhaas Road
P.O. Box address
Private Bag X1
Telephone +27 (0)11 288 6600
Facsimile +27 (0) 866 74 2264
3. Intellectual property:
Our website and all of the related pages - including but not limited to content, software, code, graphics or other material contained in or electronically distributed on this website - is owned by us or licensed to us and is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights or laws. Unauthorised use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of the owner is strictly prohibited.
4. Copyright and use of material:
1. We recognise that when you obtain access to our website, your computer downloads a copy of the material on this website. By obtaining access to our website, you agree that you will use the material for your personal use only, and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever. You are responsible for acting in compliance at all times with all applicable copyright laws.
2. In particular, notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 3 above, you may not do any of the following without obtaining prior written permission from us:
1. Redistribute, modify, adapt or vary any of the content of our website.
2. Remove any copyright or trademark notices from any copies of the content.
3. Create a database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all or any of the content from our website.
5. Links to third party sites:
This website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and controlled by third parties which are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked third party site. The links are provided for your convenience, and any such link does not imply endorsement by us of the site nor does it imply that there is any association between us and the operators of the third party site.
1. We do not give any warranty, condition, guarantee or representation, express or implied, relating to information contained on this website or on any website to which it is linked.
2. We make no representations or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics contained on this website or on any website to which it is linked, or that such information is up-to-date.
3. We do not warrant that our website, any website to which this website may be linked, or any relevant servers, are free of computer viruses or other harmfulapplications.
7. Use of information:
You agree that we may collect, store and use information about you in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
8. Limitation of liability:
1. To the extent permitted by law, all implied terms are excluded.
2. We shall not be liable to you regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty), strict liability, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, business, contracts or revenues, or for any special, indirect or consequential or other losses or damages of any nature whatsoever, arising directly or indirectly out of your access to or use of our website. Any decisions you make based on information contained in this website are your sole responsibility.
3. If you enter our website, you agree that this paragraph (8) relating to limitation of liability is reasonable, and that it reflects the nature of our website.
You must indemnify and keep us indemnified fully against all liabilities, damages, claims, losses, costs and expenses, which we may incur to a third party or you as a result of your breach of the provisions of this agreement.
If any term of this agreement is held by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, it shall not affect the enforceability of any of the remaining terms of this agreement.
If we do not exercise any right under the terms of this agreement, then that shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
12. Applicable law and jurisdiction:
Your use of this website and any downloads from it, and the operation of this agreement, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with your use of this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of South Africa.
The information contained on this website is intended to be, but is not guaranteed to be, complete, correct and up-to-date. This information is made available without any representation or warranty, either expressly or implied. Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd (Hereinafter referred to as The Company) accepts no responsibility as to the suitability or accuracy of any information on this website. The Company accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions on this website.
14. Third parties:
To the extent that this website is published or hosted by a third party on our behalf, such third party will not be responsible for the accuracy of its contents.
While Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd has endeavoured to ensure that all information provided on the Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd website is accurate and up-to-date, Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd takes no responsibility for any error or omission relating to this information.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd will not be liable for any cost, loss or damage suffered by you through your use of Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd websites or the failure of Newsclip Media Monitoring (Pty) Ltd in providing access to these websites or information updates.
View the Legal Policy Document
View Online Privacy Document